Thursday 29 January 2009

Amazing Donation - Must Read

I thought I'd share the following with you all:

I received a donation for £20 today from Geoffrey Stroud, a person whose name I didn't recognise. I sent him a thank you note, and assuming it was off the back of the press launch, asked him where had heard of the trip.

It turns out that Geoffrey is my mothers, sisters, husbands, mothers, cousins, son. He lives in Aberdeen, hasn't ever actually met anybody from my family, but still corresponds with them on a regular basis. Despite that, he still found the time to donate his hard earned cash to our cause, which is incredibly touching.

It turns out Geoff has done a bit of climbing in his days and is friends with Doug Scott, the first Brit to scale Everest. Not only that, his wife's nephew is Jon Batty, who plays for Surrey, who happen to be our cricket partner.

Just goes to show how far reaching this trek can be and how it can appeal to people well outside of our friends base. I'll be sure to be picking Geoff's brains in the near future about what to expect on the mountain, and would like to publicly thank him for such an amazing gesture.

2 comments:

Mark said...

That is staggering, Tooves. Small world.

Zooby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.