Wednesday 25 March 2009

Oh Errol

Shameless plug time.

Possibly my favourite discovery* of the last 12 months on the interwebz has been the hilarious combination of humour and rugby league (which was previously an oxymoron save for Matt Johns or the beady eyes of his brother bundling out of the cubicles at The Church) of the girls who write for http://www.oherrol.com/ - In a creepy mod-penpal sorta way, I contacted them to tell them how great I thought they were and asked them if they'd plug the trip. This then got put to one side as they have since scored gigs at MMM, 2DAY, and Cricket Australia. However now, 2 weeks out from departure, our fair trip is hitting the Internet in a 3-way domination of print, tele, and internet in Oz.

If you haven't been on to their site, I'd highly recommend it, even... or more appropriately ESPECIALLY... if you're not a sports fan. I've always bemoaned that as a nation we take our sports just a teensy bit too seriously, and save for Roy and HG there has been a massive lack of exposure of the fun side of sport. I'm sure Glen, who recently so kindly referred to me as a blog-hog, will appreciate the constant displays from hotaussiefootyplayersshirtless.com.au - did you see what I did there? I made a gay joke. Because Guys don't normally like other guys... y'see? And what I did was.... oh forget it. I'm sure you'll all giggle on Saturday when Wes predictably says 'and here's a pink shirt for Toovey'.

I've digressed; in short, go to their site(s). All of hilarious, intelligent, and fun rolled into one, with a name that takes it's cue from the seminal Australian Crawl song of the same name... which is enough to make me dance in my pants on it's own.

*All actual credit must go to Blake Solly for finding this. But he's too busy suspending miners-sons with no teeth or reluctantly approving alleged d*******-v******-p******* Gr** f****** B**d's contract to be able to read these anymore so I probably could have gotten away with it.

No comments: